Website Carving Studio & Sculpture Center
WEST RUTLAND, VT- The Carving Studio & Sculpture Center (CSSC), a non-profit arts education organization, seeks a personable and motivated individual for the 3/4 position of Educational Sculpture Studio Manager. Qualified applicants will have a working knowledge of sculpture materials, processes and safety, as well as an ability to communicate and collaborate with faculty, students, and staff within an energetic learning environment.
The CSSC Educational Sculpture Studio Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of sculpture work and exhibition spaces and equipment, including but not limited to:
• Train all levels from beginner to advanced to ensure safe use of tools/equipment and proper handling/storage of materials.
• Maintain an organized inventory of materials, tools, and equipment; coordinating supply ordering and expenditures.
• Support Instructor, Resident Artist and Student learning through technical assistance and training in a wide range of sculpture media.
• Train and supervise Resident Interns with best practices in equipment use, materials handling/storage, health and safety for the studio arts.
• Regular physical plant maintenance (Basic carpentry, welding, mechanics, cleaning, etc.).
• Operate and maintain forklift for general operations at studio (i.e., moving raw stone material for classes as well as finished sculptural material)
• Understand and communicate historic site and arts organization mission for visitors.
• Work periodic evenings and/or weekends to accommodate operations requiring technical support.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Carving Studio & Sculpture Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and resumé to: [email protected].
The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com