Website Center for Health and Learning
Exciting full time career opportunity with the Center for Health and Learning (CHL), www.healthandlearning.org, for someone with a passion for working with healthcare, education and community providers, and across sectors, to plan and carryout programmatic initiatives related to mental health promotion, suicide and substance use and misuse prevention. Currently, a major focus of this work is with health care partners on the implementation of the nationally vetted Zero Suicide model, and with community partners on the implementation of comprehensive approaches to suicide prevention. You will serve as primary liaison to the statewide Vermont Suicide Prevention Coalition including meeting facilitation.
This position is in a well-established non-profit organization that addresses priority health issues, and is based in Brattleboro, VT. You will work in a team-based environment to manage projects, provide technical assistance, develop resources, and plan and offer professional development to support state and local health initiatives, largely focused in Vermont, and with regional and national reach. CHL is a learning organization and provides support and mentoring for the development of well-rounded professionals.
· Serve as a liaison to partners and stakeholders on programmatic activities using a public health model, including assessment, capacity-building, planning, marketing, implementation and evaluation;
· Build and foster partnerships;
· Develop program content and materials for products, trainings and marketing;
· Conduct trainings and facilitate stakeholder meetings including development of meeting and training descriptions, agendas, materials, handouts, evaluation and other elements as needed for trainings using evaluative data.
· Contribute to marketing and outreach and writing project proposals, including budgets, work plans, reports, evaluations, logic models, and other supporting documentation required in applications;
· Serve as a spokesperson for specific education and/or advocacy initiatives;
· Stay abreast of trends and research;
· Bachelor of Science/Arts degree, at a minimum, required;
· Masters of Social Work, Public Health, or related field highly desirable.
· A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in public health field/and or school health.
· Knowledge of health systems and clinical level work.
· Comfortable dealing with the public and press.
· Communication and writing skills.
This is a 1.0 FTE position offering a competitive salary with benefits. It is currently a remote position and CHL adheres to recommended guidelines to COVID safety. Up to 20% travel may be required to regional or statewide meetings and/or national meetings; Vermont-based or regional candidates highly preferred.
This search is actively underway – prompt application is encouraged. Interviews will start as soon as possible. Apply HERE
To apply for this job please visit healthandlearning.org.