Website Circle (formerly Battered Women's Services and Shelter)
Circle is currently hiring for a full-time Shelter Coordinator. This position will join Circle’s collaborative team in a well-supported environment, and will provide services and supports to domestic violence victim/survivors throughout Washington County VT. This position is housed at our confidential emergency shelter.
– Advocacy for families residing at Circle’s shelter, including provision and/or coordination of:
– Shelter in-take and needs assessment
– Information and education about domestic violence and related issues
– Coordinate and provide shelter support services for residents (Economic Services benefits, housing, health, etc.)
– Organize and facilitate house meetings
– Provide one-on-one meeting times with residents
– Work with Shelter Youth Program Coordinator to support families
– Collect and maintain statistical data on services provided to residents at the shelter
-Act as liaison with other social service organizations
-Remain current with housing and shelter program initiatives
-Ability to provide trauma informed approaches to working with victim/survivors and their children
-Understanding of domestic violence as one form of oppression that is interconnected to racism, classism, heterosexism and ageism
-Organization and ability to prioritize projects and crisis situations
-Basic understanding of the systems and processes which victims/survivors of domestic violence are involved with
-Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
-Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
-Ability to develop and maintain strong community partnerships
-Ability to multitask in an empowering and demanding environment
-Willingness and ability to be on-call on scheduled weekends and evenings.
-For more information, visit our website at www.circlevt.org
Resume & Cover Letter by December 15th. No Phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org