Website Greater Burlington YMCA
The Greater Burlington YMCA provides a diverse organization of people of all ages joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of youth, healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. As a Y employee, you’ll be inspired to make a difference each day in a position that matters. With a strong mission and core values, we offer a cause you can participate in.
Join the Y movement!
We offer more than just a job; we offer a cause you can participate in. We invite you to join us in this cause — where you can develop your professional skills, realize your leadership potential and discover a career that is so much more than a job.
Our dynamic Development team is seeking a VP of Development and Social Responsibility to lead the Y through comprehensive financial development and ensure the advancement of the Y’s mission. This leadership role also has a focus on the organization’s commitment to social responsibility is at the center of all programs, activities, and decisions.
- Systematically cultivate long term, collaborative, strategic relationships with selected individuals and organizations.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising and charitable/philanthropic activities at the Y and its programs:
- The annual campaign including donor cultivation strategies, initial contact, solicitations, and stewardship in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure systems exist to accurately manage donor/prospect information, gift processing, accounting, management, data and reporting systems:
- Special campaigns for the Y or its constituent programs.
The Y’s planned giving program including cultivating and stewarding bequests, life income gifts and participation in the legacy society.
- Camp Abnaki’s fundraising, in collaboration with the Camp Director.
- Supervise Development staff to include overseeing work performance, growth and support, and training.
- Manage and facilitate relationships with donors and corporations including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift prospects to ensure a successful capital campaign.
- Develop goals, plans and systems needed to carry out fundraising function. Establish and monitor the development department’s budget and resources.
- Provide management support to the professional staff in Development, Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors to advance strategies and approaches to diversify the base of support, to generate increasing levels of giving and to establish a philanthropic culture.
- Oversee the execution of effective annual grants, foundation, and sponsorship programs.
Prepare and deliver speeches and presentations to organizations, business groups and boards and organizes or participates in community initiatives to promote the Y brand.
- Partner with the Communications staff to prepare donor materials and communications to ensure consistency with Y brand and new nationwide campaign.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison working with any volunteer groups such as a Development Committee and other fundraising committees throughout the year, assisting volunteers and staff in meeting goals and objectives.
- In close coordination with the CEO and Leadership Team, ensure that the Y remains focused on its mission of social service so that the commitment to “Social Responsibility remains central to all the organization does.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 5-7 years of successful experience in financial development, fundraising, annual campaigns, capital campaigns and special events or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, develop, and maintain meaningful and authentic relationships with donor prospects, donors, board members and other constituents to grow relationships and contributions to the Y.
- Demonstrated success in the solicitation of annual and major gifts and knowledge of planned giving strategies and estate planning.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a non-profit Board of Directors, external consultants, and volunteers.
- Managerial experience and a willingness to establish and work in a team-centric environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to convey credibility and expertise in advising donors on confidential and sometimes complex financial matters.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising software, preferably eTAP.
- Strong focus on critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to apply logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people including top community leaders, legislators, and donors.
Benefits & Perks
- Free family membership for full-time staff and individual membership for part-time staff, along with discounts on programming, camps, child care and fitness classes.
- Paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance with funded HRA
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term
- Retirement Savings Plan and Pension Eligibility
- National Training with Y of the USA
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] for employment consideration.
Greater Burlington YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit gbymca.apscareerportal.com.