Website JAG Productions
JAG Productions seeks a full time Director of Development to add to our staff. JAG Productions, a Vermont and NYC based non-profit, serves as an artistic sanctuary for Black creatives in the American theatre. We catalyze compassion, empathy, love, and community through the lens of the Black experience. Now in our seventh season, JAG is searching for a Director of Development to support the organization’s growth.
JAG has nurtured and sustained a multi-generational and multi-racial theatre company with Black artists and community organizers at its center. JAG’s mission is to bring more compassion, empathy, and love into the world by telling stories that challenge hierarchies of race, gender, class, and sexuality. These stories are written and produced by and for Black, Brown, Queer, and Trans folx and the people who love them.
JAG operates on an approximately $800,000 and growing annual budget with no deficit and has a healthy operating reserve fund and is currently a company-in-residence at New York Theatre Workshop.
The Director of Development will join a four person staff and an eight person board of directors.
Applicants must value and be willing to support Black and Black queer storytelling.
Director of Development Job Responsibilities:
– Implement and execute an annual fundraising plan to meet fundraising goals
– Manage portfolio of donors
– Prepare and present regular reports on progress towards fundraising goals
– Manage planning and execution of special events
– Manage grant writing and identification of new grant opportunities
– Generate donor communications, newsletters, and an annual report
– Manage box office functions
– Assist in creation of print, digital, and social media content
– Network and maintain regular correspondence with donors
Director of Development Qualifications/Skills:
– Applied understanding of basic fundraising principles and development best practices
– Strong prospect identification skills
– Strong writing, editing, and proofreading ability
– Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
– Database and spreadsheet proficiency
– Working knowledge of office applications
– Experience with online fundraising, email marketing, and internet research
Education and Experience Preferences (Please note that these are preferences, and not requirements. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.):
– Bachelor’s degree
– Five years of non-profit fundraising experience
– Previous management experience
– Proven track record of meeting fundraising goals and securing major gifts
Compensation and Working Conditions:
– We are a small, tight knit team. Generally, we work Monday through Friday during normal business hours, but work arrangements can be flexible.
– Some nights and weekend are required during fundraising events and occasionally during performances
– $55,000 – $60,000 annual salary
– Health care stipend
– Annual leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
– Annual paid one week sabbatical
– Relocation stipend available
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected]. Please put “Director of Development Application” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com