Website Manchester Community Library
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, flexible 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work.
The Director of Advancement leads and administers fundraising activities for the Manchester Community Library. As an enthusiastic, experienced, passionate, and successful nonprofit fundraiser, your primary focus is identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors to increase revenues that support the Library’s annual operating budget and long-range sustainability.
Manchester Community Library is a hub of civic and community life. MCL connects our members with people, information, and ideas. Individuals from all walks of life can meet, access and build knowledge. MCL is an inspiring gathering place for the community, providing opportunities for personal enrichment and growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Advancement closely collaborates with MCL’s Board of Trustees and Advancement Committee. As an essential member of our small staff, you will be a team player ready to jump in and assist when needed.
A bachelor’s degree in business, communications, liberal arts, non-profit management, or a related field is preferred.
Three or more years in professional fundraising and building a culture of philanthropy are preferred.
- Alignment with MCL’s mission, vision, and values
- Upbeat, optimistic, and tenacious character
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of best practices in nonprofit fundraising
- Demonstrated ability in the creation, implementation, and evaluation of multi-year fundraising plans
- Experience working with boards, committees, and volunteers
- Comfort with and the ability to manage information, schedules, and using databases
- Action-oriented, organized, self-starter with strong time-management skills
- Great attention to detail • Ability to make decisions and act within established policies and procedures
- Excellence in managing projects, from conception to completion
- Willingness to work in an often changing and fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflicts
- Proficiency in Google Workplace, Microsoft Office; experience with fundraising databases and email marketing platforms; technology versatile and data-driven
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with discretion and professionalism
The following list comprises the primary job responsibilities; it is not a comprehensive listing of all activities that may be required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors
- Manage MCL’s full range of advancement efforts, including individual giving, corporate sponsorships, grants, planned giving, and fundraising or stewardship events
- Maintain accurate records and database of all pledges, grants, and donor relationships
- Establish metrics to measure success
- Plan and lead annual fundraising appeals
- Develop fundraising and stewardship events
- Coordinate preparation of grant requests and compiling grant materials
- Prepare and present reports to the Executive Director and Board of Trustees on Advancement goals and progress
- Other duties as assigned or required to meet Library needs
Salary range: $52,500 – $67,500
The excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave policies. Interested candidates should send to Edward Surjan, Executive Director, [email protected]:
- Cover letter highlighting how your skills and experience support your candidacy.
- Professional references. (Submit 3 with contact information. MCL will only contact your references with prior notice.)
- Writing samples, advancement related preferred.
The Manchester Community Library is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com