Website Northeast Kingdom Community Action, Inc.
Micro Business Development Program (MBDP) Counselor – The Micro Business Development Program (MBDP) Counselor advises on the MBDP budget, sets annual program goals, and develops programming and funding in concert with the Director of Economic Equity. Micro Business Development Program (MBDP) Counselor is responsible for providing technical assistance for start-up and expanding businesses. Micro Business Development Program (MBDP) Counselor provides case management including referrals to ancillary services, business counseling and planning assistance, advocacy, schedules and conducts training for the MBDP, and develops and maintains strategic relationships with program partners. Micro Business Development Program (MBDP) Counselor reports to the Director of Economic Equity and is part of the Economic Development Team.
· Demonstrates competency in all six areas of NEKCAs Core Values. Demonstrate respect for all NEKCA clients, the choices they make and the challenges they face.
· Assist in managing the operations of the Micro Business Development Program including developing and monitoring budgets, and setting program goals.
· Assist in the development of programming and funding in concert with the Director Economic Equity. Stay abreast of current trends in the microenterprise industry and rural economic development.
· Provide case management services for participants including assistance with access to health care, childcare, and other basic family needs.
· Provide pre- and post start-up one-to-one technical assistance and counseling for start-up and expanding businesses including human resource management, record keeping, money management, credit counseling, and taxes.
· Schedule and facilitate business development training for participants.
· Assist participants with business plan development and the assembly of loan application packages.
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships. Represent the Agency, the Economic Development Program, and the Micro Business Development Program.
· Maintain accurate records for program administration and evaluation. Prepare and submit reports.
· Manage systems to track participants in the program.
· Recruit additional volunteers and resources to the program.
· Participate in the research, planning, development, and evaluation of new program approaches and initiatives in Economic Development.
· Participate in team building activities to further the goals of the Community Economic Development and Micro Business Development programs.
· Pursue educational opportunities and training that further professional growth and development within the position.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Include:
· Must comply with NEKCA policies if hired
· Must authorize and pass a criminal background check.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Valid Vermont driver’s license and reliable insured vehicle will be required.
· Three years’ experience in small business development, banking and loan regulations, and working with low-income individuals in a variety of settings, including homes.
· Strong skills in detailed record keeping and reporting, including organizational and mathematical ability.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication and organizational skills
· The ability to work as a team member as well as to work independently
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org