Website Sara Holbrook Community Center
Sara Holbrook Community Center is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and organized individual to join the Elementary summer team. This position provides support between two of our summer elementary programs. The morning is spent assisting the English Enrichment Program (EEP) Teacher with planning and implementing classroom lessons and then transitions to our Elementary Summer Camp in the afternoons. This position plays a key role in working as a team to maintain a safe, fun, and educational program.
Classification: Exempt, Seasonal
Reports To: Elementary Program Director
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30-4:30
EEP 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Summer Camp 12:30-4:30 pm
Duration: EEP June 20th- July 21, 2021, Summer Camp June 20th- July 28th
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOTH ROLES:
● Create a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment
● Work with the Elementary Director, Program Coordinator, and other Elementary Program Staff to provide an enriching, fun, and supportive environment for youth
● Plan, lead and implement group activities and curriculum
● Provide active supervision of youth, ensuring a safe environment at all times
● Maintain and model appropriate boundaries within relationships with staff and youth
● Engage and support students in age-appropriate activities and conversation, both as a group and in a 1:1 capacity
● Maintain behavior expectations with students in the program
● Set up and serve meals to students at appropriate times
● Ensure a clean and tidy facility at the end of the day’s program
● Participate in staff meetings and professional development as advised by the Director
● Submit incident/accident reports to Program Coordinator and Director at the time of occurrence
● Ensure required paperwork and attendance records are maintained and current
● Complete daily behavior logs as well as weekly program reporting
● Accept the role and responsibilities of being a mandated reporter for child abuse/neglect
● Attend staff meetings, training, and professional development opportunities
● Be knowledgeable of and follow VT Afterschool Licensing Regulations
English Enrichment Program Assistant
- Assist the classroom Teacher with implementing lesson plans for the classroom, providing developmentally appropriate learning experiences that foster a linguistic foundation for students
- Provide assistance to the classroom Teacher with providing a program curriculum that supports the academic and social needs of participating youth, adapting curriculum and support to meet individualized needs of students
- Maintain a close working relationship with fellow EEP Teachers and Assistants
- Support with the transition of students walking to SHCC Elementary Summer Camp at Sustainability Academy and/or being picked up at end of EEP
Any additional duties related to the after-school program as assigned by the Program Director
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this position. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in this position. All prospective staff must pass a comprehensive background check prior to employment and accept the role and responsibilities of a mandated reporter for child abuse and neglect.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, complete or in process
- Minimum one year of experience working with Elementary school-aged youth
- Experience planning and implementing creative, positive, and healthy youth programming for elementary schoolers, including knowledge of youth development principles
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to relate and form positive relationships with youth
- Knowledge of current youth issues, concerns, and trends
- Solid understanding of positive youth development, risk, and protective factors
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, public & private sector officials, parents, and community leaders.
- Commitment to social justice and openness to learn and grow in our practices with children, youth & families.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity with others.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with youth, parents, and staff.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- First Aid & CPR Certification or ability to complete it
- Ability to engage in physical activity with students, including the ability to stand, walk, sit, bend
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 20 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gusto.com.