Website SEVCA, Inc.
Home Repair Program Coordinator.
SEVCA is a non-profit Community Action Agency serving Windsor and Windham counties in Vermont. The HRP Coordinator plans, manages, coordinates, and/or directly implements as needed, policies, procedures and day-to-day operations of the HRP, including performing direct onsite home repairs as needed, feasible and cost-effective and contracting out work best done by private contractors. Ensures quality services, productivity, cost-effectiveness, compliance with federal / state laws and agency policies / requirements, and that all work meets funder standards for eligibility, materials, safety, and workmanship, through quality direct work and effective oversight, monitoring, and supervision of participating contractors. Establishes and maintains positive & productive collaboration with Weatherization and other SEVCA programs, and with external partners.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, and 5 years’ experience in building trades, with increasing knowledge, skills and responsibilities in contracting for and management of residential construction / repair / rehab, and/or inspection / quality control.
2. Good current knowledge of building codes and permitting policies & procedures.
3. Ability to effectively supervise contractors; knowledge of local building trades and contractors a plus.
4. Ability to travel frequently throughout service area and have access to reliable vehicle to transport self, tools, equipment and materials.
5. Excellent organization, time management, attention to detail, documentation / recordkeeping, and computer skills – preferably job scheduling / tracking, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
6. Ability to communicate with diverse groups & individuals, including low-income clients, contractors, building inspectors, local / state officials, compliance monitors, other service providers, community leaders, media, and the general public.
Up to 40 hrs/week for combined coordinator & direct service work, 25-30 for just the coordinator role.
Send letter of interest and/or resume and salary requirements to Steve Geller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact him if you have any questions. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
SEVCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com