Website Spectrum Youth & Family Services
We are seeking a passionate, committed Development Coordinator to join our Development & Communications team. This position is focused on prospect research, meeting preparation and follow-up, drafting key correspondences, managing mailings, and supporting our annual cycle of fundraising campaigns and events. Please apply by September 30th. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. This is an exempt position with an anticipated salary of $45,000 to $55,000 depending on experience and is eligible for an excellent benefits package.
- Manage the appeal and newsletter mailing process, working in partnership with team members and external vendors.
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate tracking processes & systems to recognize, cultivate, acknowledge, and communicate with past and current donors.
- Research new major gift donor prospects and support the chief development officer and executive director in their stewardship and cultivation of major donors.
- Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors via phone, computer, and face-to-face.
- Work collaboratively with the executive director and team to best support donor stewardship, solicitations, and events.
- 1-3 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising or related field preferred—but will train the right person.
- Exceptional attention to details, well-organized, focused and goal oriented, with a high level of initiative, energy, and problem-solving skills.
- A love of tracking and organizing data and keeping systems organized and people on task.
- Technically proficient, with an ability to learn new software quickly and easily.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to represent Spectrum with donors and the general public.
- Prior experience with databases preferred, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- A high degree of commitment and passion for mission of Spectrum, and a commitment to continuous learning of best practices in fundraising and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Candidates without this degree but with significant experience in the field are encouraged to apply.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Commitment to the value of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and religion.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color; multilingual speakers; women; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.