Website Spectrum Youth & Family Services
This position provides support for, and encourages, residents to achieve the goals outlined in their service plan. Staff is expected to be active participants in the supported housing community & activities that support residents to achieve their goals. Staff will model effective, appropriate, and timely communication with others regarding resident updates. Timely and accurate completion of record keeping is also essential to this position. This is a non-exempt position which pays $20.00 per hour with a with a 9% shift differential for hours worked midnight through 7:00 am. This is an evening position.
- Support and encourage residents to carry out daily routines and achieve goals outlined in their service plans.
- Take residents on activities, job searching and or to volunteer opportunities.
- Administer resident medication.
Responsible for accurate and timely completion of record keeping including:
- Individual client files, daily data entry, documents critical incidents
- Daily follow-up with e-mail and voice mail
- Time sheets, expense reports
Communication and cross over with other staff is expected including the following:
- Update on the shift and status of all residents
- Medication, UA, critical information discussed
Participation and attendance is expected at bi-weekly individual supervision and weekly staff meetings
Support the training of new staff and respite personnel as assigned.
Contribute and participate in the overall growth and improvement of the supported housing program.
Knowledge and Skills Require
- High school degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum one year experience working with at-risk youth in a residential setting or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of adolescent development including the following: mental health and substance abuse issues; trauma; attachment issues; complex family dynamics; developmental challenges and educational issues.
- Knowledge of life skills work including meal preparation, budgeting, cleaning, & personal hygiene, job readiness/employment skills.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries and ability to set limits.
- Commitment to the value of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Adherence to agency code of ethics and all policies and procedures.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
This position requires flexibility and travel for activities, client appointment, etc. Due to the nature of supported housing work shifts include days, evenings, awake overnights, weekends, and holidays.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.