Website The Preservation Trust of Vermont
Position Title: Development Director
Employee Status: Part-time, Exempt
Starting Annual Salary: $25,000 – $30,000
Preservation Trust of Vermont (PTV) is a statewide non-profit organization founded in 1980 with the mission to help communities save and use historic places in the revitalization of downtowns and village centers. For more than forty years, PTV has been working in each corner of Vermont and every town in between, helping to build capacity at the local level so that communities have the tools and expertise they need to keep gathering places alive and thriving while retaining the integrity of our downtowns, villages, and the surrounding rural landscape.
PTV is looking for an energetic, collaborative, and highly organized development professional to play a key role in supporting the work and mission of the organization. The PTV Development Director will work closely with the President and the Board of Directors to assure effective, personalized, and professional implementation of our fundraising plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shepherding the creation of annual fund appeals
- Maintaining the donor database
- Overseeing, and implementing, gift acknowledgement
- Working closely on communications with PTV’s team
- Participating in annual report development
- Providing input on PTV social media and on-line fundraising
- Researching leadership prospects and potential philanthropic partners
- Working closely and collaboratively with the president, the staff, and the board
- Engaging the board members in more active fundraising assignments
- Helping build and sustain relationships with major donors and prospects
- Participating in solicitations as appropriate and strategic.
- Commitment to PTV’s mission and values
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Familiarity and comfort with CRM software, LGL preferred
- A working knowledge of gift acceptance standards, and planned giving methodology
- A desire to meet and get to know a wide range of prospects, donors, and Vermonters
- A commitment to using a diversity, equity, inclusion, and access lens to help PTV best achieve its mission.
The position is part-time at 15-20 hours a week and may be based in Burlington or Montpelier, VT. Remote work is an option as necessary. Travel will be essential when it becomes possible. Compensation will start at $25,000-$30,000 per year and is negotiable based upon experience. The position does not currently offer additional benefits.
Please email letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and list of three references to Ben@ptvermont.org. The position will remain open until filled.
The Preservation Trust of Vermont is a 501(c)3 status non-profit and an Equal Opportunity Employer.