Website United Ways of Vermont
United Ways of Vermont Board of Directors
The Executive Director is a proven leader with the responsibility for managing and increasing both the capacity and the use of an innovative statewide service in Vermont. Leadership includes formulating a vision and strategic plan, organizing the development and allocation of resources, program planning and development, and marketing the services of Vermont 211 and Help Me Grow. Executive Director works closely with the United Ways of Vermont Board to ensure that the Vermont 211 and Help Me Grow Programs consistently provides effective, efficient, high-quality information and referral services in response to the needs of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities in Vermont.
The Executive Director is responsible for the United Ways of Vermont program planning, development and administration; budget development and responsibility for a $1.1 million annual budget; implementation of the marketing plan; building and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders; coordination of outreach activities, and implementation of long-term plans. The Executive Director is responsible for assessing readiness for and coordinating the process of achieving AIRS accreditation and 5-year renewal. The Executive Director ensures compliance with the Vermont Public Service Board ruling and with United Way Worldwide membership requirements. These responsibilities will be carried out in a manner consistent with United Ways of Vermont, United Way Worldwide and the National Association of Information and Referral Agencies (AIRS) stated goals.
- Bachelors Degree or higher required
- Minimum of 10 years successful and progressive experience in a professional capacity, United Way system experience a bonus.
- Proven organizational management, marketing, finances, grant administration, fund development, personnel, government relations and human services delivery skills
- Demonstrated and documented ability to gain and maintain the support and confidence of a broad range of constituents, including colleagues, business leaders, government officials, volunteers and staff.
- Knowledge of technology and information & referral software applications
- Proficiency in using PC Office software
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Financial knowledge
- Direct and mentor senior level staff and foster staff development in accordance with the overall mission of United Ways of Vermont.
- Explore new program opportunities for United Ways of Vermont, Vermont 211 and Help Me Grow. Provide strategic project management for statewide initiatives associated with 211. Oversee a statewide marketing plan to increase the knowledge of United Ways of Vermont and use of 211. Ensure United Ways of Vermont is able to meet its commitment to the programs it is responsible for by having adequate staffing and service levels.
- Identify and facilitate collaborative actions with state and local authorities to utilize 211 to its capacity. Build consensus and delegate authority to foster positive interaction among United Ways, government agencies, staff and volunteers.
- Serve as the national 211 liaison for Vermont 211.
Responsible for managing and supervising senior staff of the 211-contact center, Help Me Grow Program and provides team leadership for all staff, interns and volunteers.
- Responsible for developing effective personnel policies and procedures.
- Works with senior staff to develop and implement plans for emergency staffing (including volunteers) of the contact center in the event that Vermont 211 is called upon to assist the state during a natural disaster or other crisis.
- Provide strategic project management for statewide initiatives. Oversee a statewide marketing plan to increase the knowledge of United Ways of Vermont programs. Ensure such programs are able to meet the commitments they are responsible for by having adequate staffing and service levels.
- Implements marketing plan through public and agency outreach.
- Work with Board members and staff to assure national standards are met. Ensure that data collection and reporting standards are consistent statewide for use by United Ways, government funding sources and other governing bodies in assessing human service needs while maintaining the integrity of a statewide system.
- Continue to work with key partners; state and local governments, local United Ways throughout Vermont, funders and stakeholders on funding opportunities for Vermont 211 and other United Ways of Vermont programs. Research and write grants. Communicate with donors. Provide support for fund development special events. Solicits financial, material, and in-kind resources, including the preparation of grant materials.
- Negotiates and manages contracts.
- Ensures compliance with grant and contract terms;
- Ensures compliance with regulatory mandates, such as the Vermont Public Service Board ruling.
- Work with bookkeeper to maintain the financial data of the organization as well and work with the auditor to complete the annual audit.
- Attends conferences and workshops to improve professional skills.
- Stays informed on broad social issues and changes that impact human services in Vermont.
To apply for this job email your details to MaryEllen@unitedwaysvt.org