Website Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) is seeking an Administration Manager who has the people and organizational skills to support the staff and programs of VYCC. VYCC has a tremendous impact on the lives of young people and communities where our crews work and learn. A successful Administration Manager is passionate about VYCC, the inner workings of the organization, and building systems that are part of a healthy workplace. As part as a part of dedicated team of staff, the Administrative Manager oversees the development and implementation of essential administrative systems, balances the people and compliance side of human resources, and ensures that our office effectively and efficiently supports staff and Corps Members.
VYCC is committed to cultivating an inclusive, equitable, and supportive program and workplace culture. VYCC also prioritizes learning, giving and receiving feedback, recognizing the role of power and privilege, and sees these as essential tools in creating a culture in which participants and staff can thrive. The Administrative Manager plays a key role in envisioning and implementing systems for staff support, practices, and professional development.
· Assists Officer of Community Engagement with design and implementation of staff learning and professional development activities, including hiring/on-boarding/orientations, performance evaluations, job description reviews, and employee handbook reviews
· Leads, develops, and implements employee hiring and administrative on boarding and off boarding including all new hire paperwork and background checks
· Creates, maintains and administers VYCC employee timesheets and assists in employee payroll processes
· Oversees and supports staff with all VYCC benefits administration including medical, dental, short term and long-term disability, life insurance, IRA, and acts as point of contact for partner benefits brokers and vendors
· Manages all VYCC workers compensation systems, process claims and is point of contact with all workers compensation insurance providers
· Ensures best practices for OSHA, HIPAA and other state and federal human resource compliance law including yearly reports and occasional audits
· Leads hiring and supervision of seasonal administrative staff
· Coordinates all office functions, including ordering and inventorying of supplies, equipment, and budgeting
· Envisions and helps to maintain an effective and efficient office environment for all staff
· Supports staff in creating effective online and paper filing systems and processes including proper document retention and destruction
· Receives all general incoming phone calls and manages physical mail distribution
· Supervises Program Support Administrator and supports them in developing systems and best practices for maintaining AmeriCorps compliance
· Manages administrative systems that support staff and Corps Members such as but not limited to; developing and administering medical forms, incident reports, timesheets and purchasing
· Works with program and administrative staff to create documents and systems that are effective, equitable and user friendly while following best practices
· Leads and facilitates large in person corps member administrative onboarding days
· Leads and administers all administrative on boarding and background checks for Crew Leaders and Crew Members
· Markets and administers the event space at the West Monitor Barn, which entails coordinating with onsite staff and vendors for approximately 6-8 events annually
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Mission-driven, invested in the success of all employees and programs, and interested in building organizational excellence
· Undergraduate degree or comparable work experience
Previous office coordination or management and administration support experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Teams)
· Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to multi task and handle multiple, often competing, priorities
· Flexible, motivated, responsible and willing to work both independently and in support of the larger VYCC organization
· Ability to maintain focus and productivity in a bustling office atmosphere in which open office space is shared with others
About Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
The VYCC is a 501c3 nonprofit focused on engaging young people in service, work, conservation, and agriculture. Since 1985, VYCC staff have provided valuable work and learning opportunities to youth and young adults from across the country and from nearly every town in Vermont. Our model is strong and simple: young people, working together, guided by highly trained leaders, completing priority projects in conservation and agriculture.
Excellence and Equal Opportunity
VYCC has a deep commitment to excellence. We believe we are strongest when our team includes members with a broad range of life experiences. We strive to achieve this at all levels of our organization, and actively encourage and recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse applicant pool. VYCC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is based out of the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps Headquarters Office at the historic West Monitor Barn, in Richmond, VT. Our office is a collegial, bustling, and fun open office atmosphere, which offers staff opportunities to interact and collaborate. Staff members can balance working remotely and on-campus in collaboration with their team schedule, tasks and all-staff gatherings. Successful staff are able maintain focus and productivity, balance personal initiative and independence, and plug into our team in ways that help us do our best work as an organization. Staff enjoy the perks of the Farm at VYCC and forest campus year-round, as well as the happenings of nearby downtown Richmond.
Compensation & Benefits:
· Salary range for this position is $40,000-$50,000, exempt from overtime
· Medical and dental insurance
· Annual (CTO) and sick leave
· On-going professional development
· Member of a mission-driven and dedicated team of professionals
· Member of a dynamic organization that impacts Vermont’s communities and environment
How to Apply
Please complete our VYCC General Application (http://bit.ly/VYCCapp), to which you’ll upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Questions regarding this position can be directed to Leah Mital, Officer of Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.