Dear Friends and Partners of Common Good Vermont,
On my last day at Common Good Vermont, I am filled with overwhelming appreciation. After serving Common Good Vermont since 2015, it is with mixed emotions that I say goodbye to the incredible team, partners, and nonprofits that have been the heart and soul of this work.
Common Good Vermont has always been more than just a job to me; it has been a commitment to nonprofits and a celebration of the incredible resiliency of the sector. As we navigated through the waves of transition, mergers, and the unprecedented challenges posed by the pandemic, I reflect on the countless accomplishments and the perseverance that has defined these past few years.
Celebrating Our Achievements
Over the years, Common Good Vermont has been a source of inspiration and a catalyst for positive change in our community. I am incredibly proud of all that we have achieved together. We have:
- Built More Resilient Nonprofits: Through our capacity building programs, we have empowered countless nonprofits to thrive, strengthening their operations, enhancing their impact, and better serving their missions and communities.
- Invested in Nonprofit Employees: We have invested in the growth of our sector’s most valuable asset – its people. We provided valuable training and networking to ensure they have the knowledge and connections to excel in their roles and meet their missions.
- Fostered Collaboration: Common Good Vermont has been a bridge, connecting organizations, convening conversations, and promoting a culture of collaboration. Together, we have been a force for good across sectors and communities.
- Advocated for Change: We’ve grown as advocates and voices for the nonprofit sector, championing its vital role in our society (and economy). We have worked tirelessly to ensure our state and federal leaders understand and recognize how communities depend on nonprofits every day.
- Navigated Challenges: We faced organizational transitions and uncertainties, emerging stronger, demonstrating that in the face of adversity, we can come together to create meaningful change. The challenges of the past few years have shown us the unwavering determination and positive spirit of Vermonters and the people who serve this sector.
While I step down as Director, I am confident that Common Good Vermont will continue to adapt to meet the evolving needs of Vermonters and nonprofits. The systems and programs we’ve built together will serve as a strong foundation for what comes next, and will be carried forward under the leadership of the next Director who will be joining the team in December. The team looks forward to making a formal announcement shortly!
In closing, I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to everyone who has been a part of this work. To the staff, partners, consultants, and the countless individuals who have supported our work, thank you. Your dedication and passion have been the driving force behind our growth and success.
I leave Vermont with a deep sense of accomplishment and a profound belief in the power of our sector and the people that it depends on. Together, we have been a force for the common good of Vermont!
With gratitude and warm regards,