Duties and responsibilities for members of the KidSafe Collaborative Board of Directors include the following:
- Pledge support and commitment to carrying out the mission of KidSafe Collaborative
- Share responsibility for the fiscal well-being of this organization. Understand the agency’s annual budget and periodic financial statements, and take an active role to ensure that the agency’s resources and needs are appropriately balanced.
- Oversee all KidSafe Collaborative programs, set policies, participate in strategic planning for the future, and ensure the organization meets its obligations towards its agency partners, major funders, contributors, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Support and participate in the effort to raise funds to help balance the KidSafe Collaborative’s annual budget. There are a variety of ways Board members can help to meet this goal, and training and staff support will be provided.
- Regularly attend Board of Directors and Board committee meetings as scheduled throughout the Commitment to the Board will involve an average of 4-6 hours per month, including time for reading handouts, participating in committee work, and periodic fund development activities.
The KidSafe Collaborative staff will support each member of the Board of Directors by:
- Providing copies of the agency’s financial statements, Board minutes, and other reports that will allow members to understand the agency’s fiscal condition and operations.
- Including Board members in all discussions that affect the Board’s oversight of the agency, and answer questions about these matters.
- Maintaining liability insurance that covers KidSafe Collaborative Board members
Board meetings are currently held the third Tuesday of each month, 8:30 – 10:00 am via Zoom
Desired Skills: Fundraising/Development, Marketing/Communications, Strategy/Business Planning, Technology
Current # of Board Members: 11
Carries liability insurance?: Yes
Carries D&O liability insurance?: Yes
Time Expectations: Approximately 3 – 6 hours per month including Board Meetings, committees, etc
Meeting Frequency: Once a month
Meeting Location: Remote
Length of Term (in years): 2
Financial contribution required?: No
Service on committee required?: Yes