From the Snelling Center for Government –
The Snelling Center is excited to announce that we are beginning recruitment for the next ECLI
cohort! The Early Childhood Leadership Institute (ECLI) is a unique leadership and personal
transformation institute, initiated in 2014 to stimulate enthusiasm for and effective participation in
efforts to improve early childhood work in Vermont. ECLI brings a group of diverse participants
together for twelve seminar days over six months starting in October 2023.
Personal and Professional Outcomes for Participants
- Understanding of yourself and of your impact on others
- Growing knowledge and understanding of the science and landscape of early childhood issues in VT
- Habits of curiosity, inquiry, listening and reflection
- Ability to bring a systems perspective to key early childhood issues in Vermont
- Awareness, empathy, and authentic engagement with those of differing backgrounds, viewpoints, and styles
- Positive approach to opportunities and lifelong learning
- Heartfelt connections and a focus on collaborative leadership
- Optional 3 Graduate Credit Course – Early Childhood Leadership: Self Reflection and Inquiry
If you are one or more of the following, you are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A professional working with young children and families.
- A parent wanting to expand your own leadership capacity.
- A professional of any sector interested in the complex systems of early childhood and
- families work.
- Interested in civic engagement through the lens of early childhood and families.
- The application deadline is September 1, 2023.