Dear Nonprofit Community and Friends,
On behalf of Common Good Vermont (CGVT), we are writing with news regarding the future of our work.
You may have already received notice from the Center for New Leadership (CNL) team letting you know that because Marlboro College is closing this June, CNL will be closing its doors on February 29th, 2020. While this is sad news for us all, we wish the staff there the best as they move onto other opportunities.
Although we merged with CNL in 2018, Common Good Vermont will now move on independently to continue to serve the nonprofit sector in Vermont.
Common Good Vermont has been an important nonprofit resource in the state for more than ten years providing capacity building and advocacy services and we look forward to continuing to play this important role.
We will continue the majority of the programs and resources that have been housed at the Center for New Leadership to ensure these important programs continue to support Vermont’s nonprofit sector. (Click here for our most recent program updates)
- The Nonprofit Management Certificate will run this Fall in Chittenden County.
- The Nonprofit Summer Camp will run this Summer – we will let you know about date and location soon.
- The full Fundraising & Development Certificate intensive program will run in 2021, with a daylong training this Spring.
- We will continue to partner with other programs and trainers to bring you regular online training and webinar opportunities. Visit our training calendar for up-to-date offerings.
- We will continue the Wage and Benefits Survey this Spring as well as offer the nonprofit jobs board.
- Our commitment to our advocacy work remains, but because of the transition period, we will not be offering the VT Nonprofit Day at the Statehouse this year. We hope to again hold this important resource next year. Visit our website for ongoing legislative and advocacy news.
- We will also reinvigorate our newsletter, Vermont Nonprofit News, increasing our frequency, as we know this is such an important resource to keep you informed and engaged with the nonprofit sector in the state.
- Common Good Vermont will continue to make recommendations and referrals for nonprofit consulting. CNL compiled a temporary list consultants they worked with, the services they offer, and their contact information so you can reach out to them directly. CGVT will work towards a permanent replacement after the transition from Marlboro.
Center for New Leadership’s other programs the Training, Facilitation, and Consulting Certificate Program and Women’s Leadership Circle are completing this year’s programs as scheduled through Marlboro College. Common Good Vermont looks forward to supporting these trainers in the future to help get the word out about future schedules and offerings.
Our sector is stronger when we work together. Common Good Vermont is actively in conversations with potential partners to ensure the viability of our nonprofit programs and services for years to come in Vermont. We encourage your continued support by staying informed via our newsletter or contacting us directly with any questions or concerns. As we navigate this time of transition, we thank you for your commitment and patience.
Morgan Webster, Director
Common Good Vermont